ER-101: Indexed Quad Sequencer
for Eurorack Modular Synthesizers
The ER-101 is a real-time composition, sequencing and automation environment, all in 26HP. It enables you to compose sequences of thousands of steps with variable duration, variable gate length, arbitrary scales, smooth transitions, save/recall device state and much more.
- 4-track sequencer
- stepped and smooth voltage transitions
- each track has 3 outputs: 2 CVs + 1 gate
- each track has its own adjustable loop points
- each track contains up to 100 patterns and each pattern can contain up to 100 steps
- each step can be individually adjusted to have 0-99 clock cycles in duration
- each gate can be individually adjusted to have 0-99 clock cycles in duration with or without ratcheting
- configure each track to output gates or triggers
- configure each track to have its own clock multiplier (1x to 99x)
- CVs are chosen (indexed) from voltage tables of which there are 2 per track (A & B)
- 8 built-in and 8 user reference voltage tables for initializing the track tables
- voltage tables are user-editable and have 100 entries per table
- voltages between 0.000-8.192V at 2mV increments can be dialed in
- each voltage table can be configured to use note display or numeric display
- smoothing can be enabled for individual steps, entire patterns and/or entire tracks
- smoothed transitions are NOT simply slews but are adjusted to match the current tempo in real-time
- hold feature (complete double-buffering of device state) allows you to edit-and-commit on the beat while the sequencer is running
- while in hold mode, committing changes to a running sequence can be either immediate or quantized to the beat
- reset can be either immediate or quantized to coincide to with the ending of the current track, pattern, or step
- stores up to 16 snapshots of the state of the entire device
- arbitrary insert/delete of patterns/steps with clipboard style copy/paste
- math button allows you to specify a mathematical operation to apply to a step, a pattern or a track.
- note repeat (aka ratchet) any step
- shuffle (aka swing) any step
- expansion port
- last saved snapshot is loaded automatically on power-up
- firmware upgradeable via USB
- expander available: ER-102
Depth: 2cm from the back of the faceplate
(There is a switch on the back that lets you choose the +5V source.)
Digital Outputs: x4 (gates or triggers, LOW < 0.1V and HIGH > 9.5V)
Analog Outputs: x8 (output range: 0-8.192V)
Latest Firmware Version: v2.04
Max Total # of Patterns: 400 per snapshot
Max Total # of Steps: 2000 per snapshot
** Some details might change without notice.
I'm working hard on the next run. The current estimate of when orders will reopen is mid-April 2017. Sign-up here to receive a notification when ER-101 orders reopen:
Domestic (Japan) Buyers
Price: 58,000円 (includes shipping and sales tax)
Payment via 振込み(FURIKOMI) only.
Send your order using this contact form.
See panel options here.
International (non-Japan) Buyers
Payment via PayPal/Credit Card only
Price: $600 (includes shipping to anywhere in the world via EMS)
Here is a diagram of the first 7 steps of the melody in Faltermeyer Switch video.